Version 3.0 of our popular AD-Pro authentication module for DNN is in the final stages of testing and will be launched in the DNN Store in July 2015.
Some of the new features:
- Intranets on the internet. Open your Intranet to the Internet and allow auto sign-in for internal users whilst allowing manual sign-in for external users
- Future proof - completely re-written in C#, modern interface and optimised for performance
- More secure and easier to maintain - new connection string manager secures your Active Directory connection strings from editors and allows sharing of the common connection across sites and modules
- More flexibility - choose the format of usernames and share users across portals
- New Role Sync Manager. User friendly utility to map an AD group to one or more DNN roles, one AD group can have multiple corresponding DNN roles.
We are in beta testing with a number of clients right now. Feedback so far has been very good:
"All the testing is complete and I can confirm that the ADPro authentication module is working on DNN v8.01" - Joel Wiggington, encinitasca.gov
"If you cannot wait for DNN to get the core module working with DNN v7 and find yourself looking at the Glanton's module, I can confirm it works perfectly with DNN v7.4.0. We have complete control over the AD security groups/users we want authenticated with the DNN site are their details are synchronised effortlessly to our custom DNN profiles. The module supports single sign on, so all our users seamless access the Intranet." - John Warr, wsinetmarketing.co.uk